An engaged campus means our students, faculty, staff, and alumni partner in the surrounding communities to benefit the public good. These relationships enrich your life and learning at IUPUI, while helping to address social issues and spur the economy in Indianapolis and beyond.
1,224community-based courses offered in 2015–16
15,336students enrolled in community-based courses in 2015–16
1,106,713hours of student engagement with the community through courses in 2015–16
The benefits of engagement
- You connect with the talent and expertise of local leaders.
- You build a professional network that goes beyond city limits.
- You gain new experience and increase your market value.
- You strengthen the economy by helping it address real-time needs.
- In many instances, you earn class credit at the same time.
Work to address an issue you’re passionate about
The Office of Community Engagement facilitates your involvement with the community. You have the opportunity to become engaged with community organizations, businesses, schools, and nonprofits that align with your interests and career goals and better prepare you for your career.
Connect your passion with your pathway to a degree through:
Your options are broad and deep and your impact is lasting.Learn more about the Office of Community Engagement