An engaged campus means our students and faculty are working with the larger community to benefit the public good. At IUPUI, we incorporate service learning courses, internship opportunities, and volunteer opportunities into the curriculum not only to make a difference in the lives of local residents, but to help you earn real-world work experience before you graduate.
hours of community service performed by IUPUI student in 2012
service learning courses offered by 16 of our schools
SELECTED FOR THE PRESIDENT'S HIGHER EDUCATION COMMUNITY SERVICE HONOR ROLL FOR THE 6TH TIME
The benefits of engagement
- You connect with the talent and expertise of local leaders in the community.
- You build a professional network that goes beyond city limits.
- You gain new experience and increase your market value.
- You strengthen the economy by helping it address real-time needs.
- In many instances, you earn class credit at the same time.
Work to address an issue you're passionate about
The Center for Service and Learning (CSL)—the IUPUI student hub for campus and community engagement—can help you get involved with any of the following causes:
- Arts and culture
- Children and youth
- Domestic violence
- Education and literacy
- Global and peace issues
- Government and public policy
- Health and medicine
- Hispanic and Latino issues
- Senior citizens
Whether you work with your classmates to advance high school student fitness, use GIS technology to map the location of urban trees for a local nonprofit, or help to organize César Chávez Day of Service, your engagement options are endless, and the impact lasting.Learn more about CSL