The editors of Overheard in Seville: Bulletin of the Santayana Society invite submission of articles and essays about George Santayana from any discipline. Letters to the editors (not exceeding 300 words) are also welcome.
The editors may suggest revisions before a piece is accepted for publication. Upon acceptance, authors will be expected to approve editorial corrections.
Previously unpublished manuscripts are preferred and simultaneous submission is discouraged. Authors typically may expect notice of the status of their submission within three months of submission. Submissions are accepted all year with a March 1 deadline for inclusion in a particular year’s issue.
· Manuscripts should be submitted electronically as e-mail attachments to email@example.com .
· Manuscripts should be double-spaced and in an editable file format such as Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or Rich Text Format (.rtf).
· Manuscripts should be prepared for blind review. Identifying information should not appear in running heads, footnotes, references, or anywhere in the manuscript. Identifying information in footnotes or reference may be replaced with blanks or dashes.
· Substantive notes should be in the form of footnotes with author-date citations appearing within the text and a reference list provided at the end of the manuscript.
· Wherever possible, references should be to authoritative scholarly editions, such as The Works of George Santayana (MIT), The Collected Works of John Dewey (SIU), The Works of William James (Harvard), The Jane Addams Papers (UMI), etc.
· Research articles and essays should be no more than 8,000 words.
· Authors should divide their manuscripts with appropriate section headings of no more than five words in length.
· Submissions should include a brief description of the author’s background and work for use in a contributor’s note.
· Any permissions necessary to print any part of a submission are the responsibility of the author to obtain.
Submitted manuscripts and communication regarding submissions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org . Other matters related to the Santayana Edition may be addressed to email@example.com. Correspondence not including submissions may be addressed to General Editor, Overheard in Seville: Bulletin of the Santayana Society, c/o The Santayana Edition, 902 West New York Street, Education and Social Work Building 0010, Indianapolis, IN 46202.