**This event is sold out. To get on the wait list, contact Kristofer Karol at email@example.com**
Looking to learn from the best about social media best practices? Come to the first-ever IU Social Media Summit, set for June 13 at the IUPUI Campus Center. Registration is just $25 and gets IU communicators and marketers access to a day's worth of intensive social media sessions with the experts.
9-10 am: Check-in on fourth floor of IUPUI Campus Center
10-11 am: Opening keynote w/ Brad Ward, BlueFuego, 450
Brad Ward has years of experience working with higher education institutions, including multiple IU campuses, on harnessing social media in recruitment efforts. You'll be energized after this talk!
11:10-Noon: Morning Breakouts, rooms TBD
- IUAA’s Mark Casey on engaging alumni via social media
- Alumni aren't that different from students, right? Or are they? Mark Casey goes over how IUAA has built a community of engaged alumni through social media.
- Kelley Indy’s Katelyn Storms-Rizer on engaging students via Snapchat
- Everyone's talking about Snapchat, but do you know how to use it effectively? Katelyn shares what Kelley Indy's been up to on the hottest social app.
- IU Bloomington’s Thom Atkinson and IUPUI’s Sam Thompson on putting it all together: Strategy, content and analytics
- A good social strategy consists of several elements. Lucky for you, two of the best social strategists work for IU!
12-1:30 pm: Lunch keynote with IU Communications' Troy Brown and Kristofer Karol on the university's social media vision, 450A
Learn about the exciting changes coming to IU social media in the coming weeks and months.
1:40-2:30 pm: Afternoon Breakouts, rooms TBD
- IU Southeast’s Rachel Terlep on 15 cool social media tools you must use
- There are so many cool apps and websites out there, but where to start? Rachel shares her favorites.
- IU Northwest’s Jeri Pat Gabbert and Tom Wyatt on the art of storytelling
- See how IU Northwest utilized video and social media to get its fundraising campaign off the ground.
- IU Bloomington’s Christina Moravec on 10 handy social media advertising tips
- Should I advertise on Facebook or Instagram? What about Snapchat? Christina delves into the world of digital advertising.
2:40-3:40 pm: Social Media Legal Q&A with IU Counsel Jennifer Westerhaus-Adams, 450A
Ever wonder if you can use that Taylor Swift song in your video? What about sharing followers' images on your social accounts? Jennifer answers all your legal questions.
3:40-4 pm: Networking
4 pm: End of conference
Don't forget to use #IUsocial for all your posts leading up to, during and after the event. Come on, did you think we'd forget to include a hashtag?
See you in Indy.