Summer travel may prove to be a little bit challenging to and from the IUPUI campus in downtown Indianapolis.
Interstate 65, one of the city's major access highways to the campus, will be closed for 35 days sometime between July 1 - August 5.
The Indiana Department of Transportation will rehabilitate bridges along a stretch of I-65. The West St. entry and exit ramps to and from campus will not be accessible during the construction.PDF of a map of the affected area
Roadway improvements led by the city of Indianapolis will also impact travel in and around campus.
A few alternative routes to consider:
When leaving campus to get to I-65 South or I-70 East:
- Head south on N. White River Pkwy W. Dr. to W. Washington St. Turn east and follow to N. West St., where you’ll turn south and follow to I-70E or I-65S.
- Take N. West St. south to I-70E/I-65S ramp.
- Head east on W. New York St. to N. Pine St. to I-70E.
- Head east on W. 10th St. to N. Delaware St. to E. 11th St. to I-65S or I-70E.
- Head east on W. New York St. to N. Rural St. to I-70E.
When leaving campus to get to I-65 North:
- Head north on N. White River Pkwy W. Dr., then east on W. 16th St. Turn north on Doctor M.L.K. Jr. St. to W. 21st St. and on to I-65N.
- Head north on N. White River Pkwy W. Dr., then east on W .16th St. Turn north on Doctor M.L.K. Jr. St. and then east on W. 30th St. to I-65N.
- Head north on N. White River Pkwy W. Dr. until it turns into Lafayette Rd. Continue north on Lafayette Rd. to I-65N (north of 46th Street).
- Head north on N. White River Pkwy W. Dr., then west on W. 16th St. until it turns into Crawfordsville Rd. Continue west on Crawfordsville Rd. to I-465N.