1941: The Normal College of the American Gymnastic Union becomes part of IU. It is renamed the School of Physical Education in 1973.
1953: The Student Union Building opens
1956: The School of Nursing is established
1959: The Division of Allied Health Sciences is established within the School of Medicine
1967: The Herron School of Art becomes affiliated with IU