Historic photo of the Ball Gardens
The Ball Residence for Nurses


1924: James Whitcomb Riley Hospital, named after the Hoosier poet, is dedicated in October
1927: The 75-bed William Coleman Hospital for Women is dedicated on October 20
1928: The Ball Residence for Nurses, now known as Ball Residence Hall, opens its doors
1934: The School of Dentistry Building and Ball Sunken Gardens are completed
1938: The Clinical Building is completed