STEM Summer Internship
The STEM Summer Internship Program is funded by the Center for the Advancement of STEM Education (UCASE) at IUPUI. It aims to engage Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) students in educationally purposeful activities that allow them the opportunities to examine their interest in and disposition for teaching science in middle or high schools. STEM Education Interns receive $3,000 stipends for working full-time in seven-week summer internship positions at IUPUI and other non-profit organizations in Indianapolis.
Duration: 7 weeks between May 11 and August 14, 2015
Application Deadline Extended: March 25, 2015
Applicant's Eligibility: Complete freshman or sophomore level required courses in Biology, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Physics, Computer Science, Informatics, Mathematics, Technology or Engineering. IUPUI students who have science- or math-focused majors with less than 60 earned credits and a minimum GPA of 2.80 are encouraged to apply.
Internship Stipend: $3,000 for 7 weeks of working full-time (38-40 hours per week)
Sponsoring Organizations: Click on the links below for job descriptions
- The Children's Museum of Indianapolis: Biotechnology Learning Center
- Marian University: Nina Mason Pulliam EcoLab
- Indianapolis Zoo Education Center: Summer Camp Internship
- MSD Wayne Township: Summer Science Safari Internship
- STEM Club: Indy Learning Centers Summer Program
- IUPUI School of Science: Peer-led Team Learning (PLTL) Intern in Chemistry
- IUPUI Bepko Learning Center: K101 Biology Mentor
- Upward Bound: Summer Academy Internship
- Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute: Project SEED Summer Research Internship
To apply for the STEM Summer Internship:
- Complete the 2015 Internship Application Form.
- Attach a current college transcript and a 300-word-essay about your interest in the STEM Summer Internship Program.
- Submit a signed letter of recommendation from a person of reference, science educator preferred, use the Recommendation Form.
Submit all application materials to:
ATTN: Summer Internship Application
902 W. New York St., ES 1115
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Alternatively, you may email materials to email@example.com.
Additional Information: Contact Dr. Kim Nguyen firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-274-1126.