STEM Summer Internship
The STEM Summer Internship Program is funded by the Center for the Advancement of STEM Education (UCASE) and the Teach Science-Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship program. It aims to engage Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) students in educationally purposeful activities that allow them the opportunities to examine their interest in and disposition for teaching science in middle or high schools. STEM Interns receive $3,600 stipends for working full-time in eight-week summer internship positions hosted by non-profit organizations in Indianapolis and local communities. There will be up to ten (10) interns selected for summer 2013.
Duration: 8 weeks between May 6 and August 2, 2013
Application Deadline: March 18, 2013
Applicant's Eligibility: Sophomore or junior level of a science, math or engineering/technology major who has completed at least two courses in Biology, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Physics, Computer Science, Informatics, Mathematics, Technology or Engineering. STEM majors who have some interest in K-12 teaching and have earned less than 60 credits with a minimum GPA of 2.50 are encouraged to apply.
Internship Stipend: $3,600 for 8 weeks of working full-time (35-40 hours per week)
Sponsoring Organizations: Click on the links below for job descriptions
- The Children's Museum of Indianapolis: Biotechnology Learning Center, Science Programs, SciencePort
- The Diabetes Youth Foundation of Indiana: DYF Summer Science Camp
- Marian University: Nina Mason Pulliam EcoLab
- MSD Wayne Township: Summer Science Safari Internship
- STEM Club: Indy Learning Centers Summer Program
- Purdue School of Engineering and Technology: POWER Summer Camp
- The Bepko Learning Center: K101 Biology Mentor
To apply for the STEM Summer Internship:
- Complete the 2013 Internship Application Form.
- Attach a current college transcript and a 300-word-essay about your interest in the STEM Summer Internship Program.
- Submit a signed letter of recommendation from a person of reference, science educator preferred, use the Recommendation Form.
Submit all application materials to:
ATTN: 2013 Summer Internship Application
902 W. New York St., ES 1115
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Alternatively, you may email materials to email@example.com.
Additional Information: Contact Dr. Kim Nguyen firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-274-1126.