Indiana Achievement Awards
The deadline for submitting a completed 2011 IAA nomination packet has passed. Watch for information on the 2011 IAA Winners in the Solution Center News (Click here to be added to this mailing list) and the Indiana Business Journal.
The Indiana Achievement Awards (IAA) is a 12 year-old program that recognizes Indiana’s nonprofits for exemplary practices and demonstrated effectiveness through its annual awards program and ceremony. Created by the Sycamore Foundation in 1999, IAA is now hosted by the IUPUI Solution Center. The IAA was created by, and continues as, a coalition of foundations, businesses, and individuals who join together to identify, recognize, and reward effective nonprofits for their outstanding work in their communities in order to create exemplars of extraordinary practice in the nonprofit community.
Nonprofit organizations, or nonprofit programs administered by a nonprofit organization, are eligible for nomination if the organization or program:
- Is located in Indiana
- Exemplifies best practices that can be modeled by other nonprofits
- Uses data to support its mission and to measure effectiveness
- Has an IRS Letter of Determination in effect and, if required, a recently filed IRS Form 990
Here’s what past winners say about the IAA:
– The award raised the profile of our organization across the state.
– It represented the fact that we continue to innovate and improve our program.
– The award helped create awareness of our program in communities outside Central Indiana where we serve clients and fundraise.
– Money is always helpful. But [the IAA] was also a giant shot in the arm for our staff and board. it also gave us something to crow about…
2011 nominations are now closed, but you can register to attend the September 28, 2011, Indiana Achievement Awards ceremony at the IUPUI Campus Center, starting on July 8, 2011.
For information on the Indiana Achievement Awards, or to purchase a table or event sponsorship, contact Teresa Bennett at 317-278-9173 or firstname.lastname@example.org.