Division of Professional Development and Corporate Education, Office of Community Engagement
The division, part of the IUPUI Office of Community Engagement, provides next-level training designed to meet the needs of Indiana’s workforce and employers. Programming includes professional development classes open to the public that build knowledge of new or developing fields, increase existing skills and knowledge, and allow professional students to explore new skills and career opportunities. The division also produces customized contract training designed for business, industry, government, and nonprofit leaders. Many of the courses and programs lead to certificates and continuing education credits (CEUs) for professionals.
Other services include online resources for Indiana’s employers to assist in the attraction, retention, and engagement of a “future”-focused workforce; consulting and research into economic development and professional development strategies; and seminars, webinars, and conferences on workforce development and talent growth for the state.
The Division of Professional Development and Corporate Education provides programs and resources tailored to the needs of the community, professionals, and employers in five critical ways:
- High-quality professional development courses and technical certificates offered annually in-person and on-line to the public.
- Customized and specialized workforce education and development training developed in partnership with employers.
- Expert resources and training for employers on proven practices for attracting, identifying, retaining, and growing talent.
- Seminars and Conferences on workforce development and design, talent development, and attraction and retention of critical workforce talent.
- Consulting and Research into place-based microeconomic, entrepreneurial, workforce, and talent development strategies and policy solutions.