Welcome, Staff Council Member!
Below you will find hyperlinks to pertinent Staff Council ("SC") membership documents, posted online and/or available for download.
- Attendance Policy
- "How to Build a Distribution List in Outlook"
- Download "Understanding Staff Council Procedures & Bylaws" PowerPoint presentation
- Download Update Template (to communicate with your constituents)
- Download Flyer Promoting the SC Cell Phone Drive to Benefit the Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Staff Council Representative Duties
Each Staff Council representative will:
- Attend and participate in the monthly meetings of the council which are held on the third Wednesday of each month (August-June) from 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Solicit feedback from his/her constituents (colleagues in your unit/school) and staff members, in general, on policies and issues being discussed by the council.
- Receive suggestions, feedback, or concerns IUPUI from his/her constituents (colleagues in your unit/school) and staff members, in general, about working conditions and the IUPUI community.
- Serve on one of the Staff Council standing or ad hoc committees ( [Ad Hoc] Academic Affairs, Bylaws, Communications, [Ad Hoc] Community Outreach, [Ad Hoc] Diversity, Faculty Relations, Membership, Rewards & Recognition, Special Events, Staff Affairs, [Ad Hoc] Staff Development, [Ad Hoc] Sustainability, [Ad Hoc] Technology, or [Ad Hoc] Web), some of which meet monthly, others of which meet according to projects received. NOTE: All chairs are your staff peers and, therefore, are very sensitive to the time constraints faced by IUPUI staff.
- Forward the Staff Council Newsletter to your constituents. The Newsletter contains important news to keep everyone updated.