Awards and Scholarships
IUPUI Multicultural Impact Staff Award
Nominations Open: June 22, 2015
Deadline to Apply for 2015 Award: August 7, 2015, 5:00 p.m.
Any member of the IUPUI community may nominate full-time staff members for this award, which is given at the Chancellor’s Employee Recognition Ceremony in the fall. Recipients are awarded $500 each.
The Multicultural Impact Staff Award is given to staff members who promote a campus climate where diversity is valued and accepted, expand our understanding and deepen appreciation of cultures from across the world, or champion social justice for all who work and learn at IUPUI.
The winner of this award should demonstrate merit not based only on the functions of his or her job, but also on extraordinary commitment beyond what would be considered satisfactory levels of job performance.
Staff members must be full-time employees of IUPUI to be considered for this award. Nominees will be informed of their nomination and asked to support the caliber of their impact with documentation if that documentation is not included in the nomination package.
Nominees will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Multicultural program participation, initiation, and leadership
- Advancement of the IUPUI diversity goals of Representational Diversity, Curricular and Co-Curricular Transformation, Campus Climate, and Institutional Leadership & Commitment
- Contribution to the development and continuation of formal and informal networks of campus and community diversity groups.
- “Something extra” they bring to the nurturance of an authentically multicultural climate.
All nomination letters and the form below must be returned electronically to Karen Lee by August 7, 2015, at 5:00 PM. Late nominations will not be accepted. In the nomination letter, please explain why you are nominating this staff member, and give concrete examples of how this staff member promotes diversity. Feel free to send any attachments to support your letter (e.g., resume, examples of his/her involvement on diversity initiatives).
- 2015: Etta Ward (Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research)
- 2015: Cristina Caputo (University College)
- 2014: Marsha Baker (School of Nursing)
- 2013: Kathy Grove (Office for Women) and Dawn Whitehead (Office of International Affairs)
- 2012: Johnny D. Pryor (McKinney School of Law)
- 2011: Josh Manlove (Office of Student Involvement)