Awards and Scholarships
IUPUI Gerald L. Bepko Staff Council Spirit Award
Nominations Open: June 22, 2015
Deadline to Apply for 2015 Award: August 7, 2015, 5:00 p.m.
For full-time appointed IUPUI staff.
The IUPUI Bepko Spirit Award recognizes full-time staff members who through extraordinary service and special (professional, team, or volunteer) contributions exemplify the spirit of IUPUI, strengthening IUPUI by fostering collegiality, cooperation, creativity and innovation toward the end of helping IUPUI become one of the nations' best urban universities for employment and education.
The spirit of IUPUI is demonstrated through one's overall attitude, as well as through acts of loyalty, teamwork, and contribution to the mission, goals, and strategic initiatives of the university. The Bepko Spirit Award will be presented to the staff member or team who most exemplifies that spirit. The nominator will write a brief narrative with these charactistics in mind:
- Attitude: Personal and professional interaction with co-workers, faculty, students, and visitors, and the daily routines of the individual's position.
- Loyalty: Commitment to increase the overall department or unit performance.
- Teamwork: Working well with others to reach a common goal, complete a project, etc.
- Contribution: Personal and professional acts that aid the university in fulfilling its mission, goals, and initiatives.
The IUPUI Bepko Spirit Award is open to all IUPUI appointed full-time staff members who contribute to the overall mission and success of the university. All nominees for the IUPUI Bepko Spirit Award will receive a letter of notification by email that they have been nominated for the award. The award recipient(s) will receive a letter of congratulations and the appropriate supervisor(s) will be notified. Bepko Spirit Award recipients will be selected in the summer and recognized at the Chancellor's Employee Recognition Ceremony in the fall.
The IUPUI Bepko Spirit Award is sponsored by the IUPUI Staff Council and administered by the Rewards and Recognition Committee.
To nominate an individual or group, click here.
Congratulations to our 2014 winners
- Caitie Deranek Stewart (then Lilly Family School of Philanthropy; now, School of Medicine)
- Joy Garrett (School of Medicine)