Welcome to IUPUI's Staff Council
Staff Council Unit Representative and Officer Elections
The Staff Council Unit Representative Nominations and Elections process is open. If your unit or school has an election for the 2015-2016 academic year, you will have received an email with the nomination link by March 23, 2015. Nominations are open until 5 p.m. on April 1. Voting begins April 3.
Nominations open on April 8 for the positions of second vice president, corresponding secretary, and members at large. Members who wish to nominate themselves or someone else can do so by filling out the form found here.
Staff Council Mini-Conference - June 2, 2015
Please join the Staff Council for the first professional development Staff Development Mini-Conference to be held June 2, on the IUPUI campus, in the Robert H. McKinney School of Law Moot Courtroom. Caroline Dowd-Higgins, director of career and professional development for the IU Alumni Association is the keynote speaker and will present "Thrive Where You Are -- Action Steps to Finding Career Fulfillment NOW." Guest speakers include Kerri Dabbs, director of organizational development and training, IUPUI; Sean Southern, associate director, Office of Professional Development in the McKinney School of Law; and Venus Davis-Wallace, residency program coordinator of the IU School of Medicine. Click here for the full agenda and conference brochure. Click here to register!
Professional Development Grant
Would you like to attend a conference, purchase a book for professional development, or attend a workshop? Do you need funds? Check out the Staff Council Professional Development Grant process. Click here for more information!
Purpose of the Staff Council
The purpose of the Staff Council at IUPUI shall be to represent the staff in the communication processes and the decision making of the university and
- to increase the sense of identity, recognition and worth of each staff member in his/her relationship to the university,
- to identify concerns relating to staff and to seek their solutions,
- to provide a channel of communication for staff with administration and faculty,
- to promote staff development and to recommend policies which aid in retaining highly-qualified personnel,
- to integrate the staff into campus governance and existing university affairs,
- to establish and promote university-wide activities, publications, workshops, and seminars,
- to serve as a resource for other schools or units in the development of school of unit Staff Councils.
IUPUI Staff Council Constitution and Bylaws Article I
Upcoming Staff Council Events
Cafe Press - Purchase Staff Council Items
- To purchase Staff Council t-shirts and other items, please visit our page at Cafe Press!