Welcome to IUPUI's Staff Council
Professional Development Grant
Would you like to attend a conference, purchase a book for professional development, or attend a workshop? Do you need funds? Check out the Staff Council Professional Development Grant process. Click here for more information! Next submission deadline is August 1.
The following awards are now accepting applications/nominations through August 7. Please apply or nominate one of your colleagues for these prestigious awards. You do not have to be a Staff Council member to apply or nominate.
- Gerald L. Bepko Staff Council Spirit Award
- Nan Bohan Community Engagement Award
- Multicultural Impact Staff Award
- Glenn W. Irwin, Jr., M.D. Experience Excellence Award
- Carol D. Nathan Staff Council Scholarship
Staff Council Mini-Conference - June 2, 2015
Thank you for joining us at the mini conference held on June 2! We hope you enjoyed it!
We would appreciate your feedback on the event. Please let us know what you think by clicking here.
Below are links to each of the PowerPoint presentations from the presenters. We hope you are able to take the information and share your experience with others.
- Campus Training to Promote Your Professional Growth (Kerri Dabbs)
- Myers Briggs: Your Personality and Your Work (Sean Southern)
- Small Player in a BIG Game (Venus Davis-Wallace)
- Thrive Where You Are: Action Steps to Finding Career Fulfillment Now (Caroline Dowd-Higgins)
To view the taped conference through Adobe Connect, click here.
Thank you for attending. Don't forget to "manage up!"
Purpose of the Staff Council
The purpose of the Staff Council at IUPUI shall be to represent the staff in the communication processes and the decision making of the university and
- to increase the sense of identity, recognition and worth of each staff member in his/her relationship to the university,
- to identify concerns relating to staff and to seek their solutions,
- to provide a channel of communication for staff with administration and faculty,
- to promote staff development and to recommend policies which aid in retaining highly-qualified personnel,
- to integrate the staff into campus governance and existing university affairs,
- to establish and promote university-wide activities, publications, workshops, and seminars,
- to serve as a resource for other schools or units in the development of school of unit Staff Councils.
IUPUI Staff Council Constitution and Bylaws Article I