Jim and Becky Brown Take Grandchildren to US Space and Rocket Center

Just as an adult putting on a Scout uniform makes you 11 years old again, so too does tagging along with grandchildren remind us of the fresh eyes of children exploring the world around them. Katie, 6, and Audrey, 4, are Jim and Becky Brown’s guides to fresh looks on the world.

The US Space and Rocket Center is very large. It has to be to hold a Saturn V rocket. While I am primarily a photographer of people, I enjoy making pictures with a restricted view. In photography, we call this the macro view. Macro is a relative term. I consider a piece of a Saturn rocket macro. But a picture of only two bolt heads is also macro. All of the pictures included in this show, put together for my granddaughters, were made with a Canon 100mm f2.8 macro lens.

If you have a good internet connection, try the full-screen view by clicking the icon in the lower right corner. Wait while the program prepares that view.

Have your computer sound up.

Audrey, the 4 year old, played the show repeatedly. Katie played it once at then played her DVD of Pixar shorts on the TV. With this sample of two, I can say that I can still hold the attention of a 4 year old. Past 6 years of age, it’s questionable.

This entry was posted in Member News. Bookmark the permalink.