Welcome to Professor Xie’s Group
Energy is critical for our society and we are facing the challenge of running out the fossil fuel. The use of fossil fuel results in serious environmental issues. Our group is working on meeting the energy need of our society and solving the environmental issues. In order to do so, we focus on the technology of clean energy, such as feul cells, advanced batteries, and super capacitors. The approach we are taking is the bottom up:
- Clearly define the need for clean energy from materials perspectives.
- Design the nano-structural materials.
- Develop the designed materials.
- Characterize the developed materials.
- Use these materials in energy conversion devices (i.e. fuel cells, batteries, super-capacitors, etc.).