Flu shots are MANDATORY for clinical staff working in IU Health hospitals and several other Indianapolis hospitals.
The deadline to submit exemption forms was September 1, 2014
Vaccinations: IUH November 21, 2014. Residents and fellows may obtain their vaccination from IUH.
IU Health employees and IU staff working in IUH facilities should check the Pulse page for schedules.
All IUPUI faculty, staff and students may receive a FREE flu vaccine at any IUPUI clinic.
IUPUI ID is required to receive a free vaccine. Students should bring their insurance card.
Appointments for flu shots are not necessary.
Our flu vaccine is ordered as a single dose. Single doses do NOT contain preserves, including Thimersol. The stopper contains NO LATEX for those sensitive to latex.
Campus Health ordered the trivalent vaccine and a few doses of the new egg-free vaccine.
The 2014-2015 North American seasonal flu vaccine is the same mix as last year.
It includes 2 A strains: California H1N1 and Texas H3N2 and the Massachusetts B strain.
The vaccine confers immunity for approximately 6-8 months.
- See Sanofi's site for trivalent vaccine (see Prescribing Information/Tearsheets section on the left side of the page and scroll to Fluzone).
- Click here for the Fluzone product insert.
- Some flu vaccine was acquired from bioCSL who manufactures afluria.
- View the Vaccine Information Sheet.
- Check the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website or flu.gov for more information about influenza.
- A weekly tracking calendar of flu activity in the US and internationally is available at the CDC surveillance site.
Many THANKS to the IU School of Nursing instructors and nursing students for their assistance in staffing IUPUI outreach flu clinics!