Objectives for Section 1: Learning
Theory and Research
Upon completion of this section, you will be able to
- differentiate between behavioral and cognitive models of learning.
- apply information processing principles to evaluate the effectiveness of
- create a strategy to teach a concept in such a way as to promote students'
ability to transfer their learning.
- describe effective memory strategies to suggest to students.
- using metacognitive strategies, identify effective study strategies for
students to use in your course.
for Professional Development
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
Comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
1998-2002, The Trustees of Indiana