Seminar & Conference Grants
ICIP will provide up to $1000 for ICIP approved conferences or seminars, contingent upon adherence to the following guidelines:
- Dates and conference/seminar topics must be cleared in advance with the ICIP Director of Conferences in order to avoid duplication of efforts and scheduling conflicts.
- A detailed preliminary proposal must be presented to, and approved by, the ICIP Director of Conferences in consultation with the ICIP Executive Director well in advance of the conference date. The proposal should include the general theme and sub-theme, potential speakers, target audience, plans for publicizing the conference, food and lodging requirements, and a tentative budget showing expected income and expenditures. (The check sheet and budget sheet used for other grants may also be used here.)
- No ordinary facility charges by member institutions will be honored. Such facilities should be considered contributions "in kind" by the member institution.
- ICIP faculty may receive from ICIP funds honoraria of no more than $50 for a single presentation or $100 for a full day's participation including presentation.
- Non-ICIP faculty (normally well-known, or prestigious speakers) may receive from ICIP funds no more than $150 for a single presentation or $200 for a single presentation and a full day's participation.
- ICIP funds can be used for reasonable food, travel, lodging costs, resource materials, and administrative and publicity expenses.
- ICIP will respond particularly favorably to proposals that include collaborative funding from other sources and/or the involvement of other groups or organizations.
Submit 3 copies of the proposal to the ICIP Executive Director:Karen DeGrange
International Student Affairs
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, Box 39
5500 Wabash Avenue
Terre Haute, IN 47803
Although primary responsibility for the planning and execution of ICIP conferences and seminars falls on an individual ICIP faculty member (or members), the ICIP Director of Conferences will provide:
- scheduling advice and coordination
- consultation on themes and program format
- thoughts on location and facilities
- brainstorming assistance on speakers, presenters. and audio-visuals
- budget preparation consultation
- publicity assistance