IAHI Grant Programs
The IAHI Grant Program exists to support campus-wide attainment of excellence in research and creative activity in arts and humanities. It is designed to enhance the research and creative activity mission of IUPUI by supporting research projects and scholarly activities that are conducted by arts and humanities faculty. The program is intended to stimulate existing and new research and creative activity and to support faculty in becoming competitive in securing external funding and sponsorship. Deadline: March 1, 2016.
- All full-time tenured and tenure-eligible faculty from all schools and units at IUPUI are eligible to apply. Under certain circumstances, non-tenure-track faculty members whose evaluation criteria include research or creative activity may also be eligible with an explanation in the letter of support from their chair or dean.
- Visiting and associate faculty members and post-doctoral fellows are not eligible.
- An associate member (or non-eligible member) of the IUPUI faculty can be a participant in a grant in collaboration with a PI who is an eligible member of the IUPUI faculty.
A. Small Travel Grants for Conferences and Exhibitions: up to $500 to support travel to a conference or exhibition related to a research or creative project.
B. Event Support Grants: up to $1,000 to support a public event at IUPUI related to a research or creative project.
C. Research/Creative Activity Grant (formerly Category B): up to $5,000 for travel, equipment, materials, space, hourly assistance, etc. This grant does not require a match. A grant recipient may apply and receive this grant on a yearly basis.
D. Matching Grant for Research/Creative Activity (formerly Category A): up to $15,000 which might be used for such things as release time, summer salary, research assistant support, or a research workshop or conference, as well as incidental expenses. This grant requires a 1 to 2 match from the school, department, and/or center sponsoring the faculty (i.e. two thirds or 66.67% of funds come from IAHI, and one third or 33.33% from the faculty’s unit). Salary requests are allowed and cannot exceed one month of salary per person.
E. Collaborative Grant for Research/Creative Activity (formerly Category C): up to $30,000 to support research projects and scholarly activities that are conducted by a team of two or more arts and humanities faculty from different units on campus. Funds might be used for such things as release time, summer salary, research assistant support, or a research workshop or conference, as well as incidental expenses. This grant does not require a match from the school, department, and/or center of applying faculty. Funding preference in this category will be given to projects that correspond to one of the following themes:
- Social Justice and the Urban Environment
- Communication and Exchange in the Digital Age
For more information on funding opportunities at IUPUI, visit the WEBSITE OF THE OFFICE OF THE VICE CHANCELLOR FOR RESEARCH