Historic Deerfield, Inc. invites applications for an intensive Summer Fellowship Program in History and Material Culture in Deerfield, MA. Undergraduates enrolled as either juniors or seniors as of January 1, 2014 are eligible for 7 openings in the program, which is designed for students in American Studies, Architecture, Archeology, Art and Art History, Design, History, Material Culture, Preservation and Museum Studies. Each participant receives a full fellowship that covers all expenses associated with the program, including tuition, room and board, and field trips. Limited stipends are available for students with demonstrated need to help cover lost summer income.
- Live in the historic village
- Explore history and material culture studies in hands-on classroom seminars, walking tours and room studies with Historic Deerfield staff and visiting lecturers
- Learn to guide and interpret in Historic Deerfield’s furnished museum houses
- Conduct original research on New England history and material culture
- using museum and library collections
- Go on behind-the-scenes visits to historic sites in New England and take a week-long road trip to museums in the mid-Atlantic and Virginia
Program dates: June 9-August 10, 2014.
Application deadline: February 7, 2014.
Contact: Barbara A. Mathews Phone: (413) 775-7207; email: firstname.lastname@example.org