The IAHI Grant Program is designed to enhance the research and creative activity mission of IUPUI by supporting research projects and scholarly activities that are conducted by arts and humanities faculty. The program is intended to stimulate existing and new research and creative activity and to support faculty in becoming competitive in securing external funding and sponsorship.
The program has eight categories of funding. They are:
- Category A | Small Travel Grants for Conferences and Exhibitions: up to $500 to support travel to a conference or exhibition related to a research or creative project. Applicants may receive only one award per year.
- Category B | Event Support Grants: up to $1,000 to support a public event at IUPUI related to a research or creative project. Applicants may receive only one award per year.
- Category C | Research/Creative Activity Grant: up to $5,000 for travel, equipment, materials, space, hourly assistance, etc. Applicants may apply and receive this grant on a yearly basis.
- Category D | Matching Grant for Research/Creative Activity: up to $15,000 total project that may be used for things such as release time, summer salary, research assistant support, or a research workshop or conference, as well as incidental expenses. This grant requires a 1 to 2 match from the school, department, and/or center sponsoring the faculty (i.e. $10,000 grant, $5,000 school). Salary requests are allowed and cannot exceed one month of salary per person. A matching grant recipient is eligible to apply for a new matching grant no sooner than two years from the previous grant proposal submission.
- Category E | Collaborative Grant for Research/Creative Activity: up to $30,000 to support research projects and scholarly activities that are conducted by a team of two or more arts and humanities faculty from different units on campus. Funds might be used for things such as release time, summer salary, research assistant support, or a research workshop or conference, as well as incidental expenses.
- IAHI Diversity Fellowship: $2,000 in support of faculty whose work deepens our understanding of and engagement with diversity, inclusion, and equity including but not limited to racial, ethnic, gender, sexuality, disability, nationality, and veteran status.
- IAHI Academy Fellowship: $1,500 in support of of faculty research and a $2,000 budget to invite a guest scholar to campus.
- IAHI Summer Academy Fellowship: Summer Academy Fellows receive $5,000 in support and participate in a full-time, three-week academy that provides them the time, space, and support to advance promising research and creative activity at IUPUI. The academy will help fellows conceptualize and produce a tangible output (e.g. grant proposal, book proposal, book chapter, peer-reviewed article) over the three-week time frame.
For more information about the IAHI grant programs, including deadlines and application forms, please visit: