The Robert G. Bringle Civic Engagement Showcase and Symposium (CESS) brings together faculty, staff, students and community partners to celebrate the outcomes of community-campus collaborations in the areas of teaching, research, creative activity and service. One of the signature components of the day’s events is the CESS Poster Session, which features exemplar projects spanning the gamut community-university engagement.
The 2013 CESS will be held onTuesday afternoon, April 23rd at the IUPUI Campus Center. This year, in addition to our general call for posters, the CESS program committee also solicits submissions that address this year’s event theme: Our Role in the “Village”: Campus & Community Strategies to Support Youth .
Some of the other presentation tracks this year, include:
- Advocacy, Philanthropy, Public Policy and Political Engagement
- Assessing and Documenting Community Partnership Outcomes
- Campus and Community Strategies to Support Youth (Sponsored Track)
- Co-curricular Community Engaged Program Design and Assessment (Community-Service, Scholarship and Mentoring Programs, etc.)
- Community Engaged Instructional Design and Assessment (includes but is not limited to: Domestic and International/Global Service Learning, Graduate and Professional Service Learning, Social Justice Pedagogy, Civic Learning, Civic Literacy, Engaged Departments, Faculty Development, etc.)
- Constituent Perspectives and Scholarship (Community Partners, Faculty, Student, Staff/Administrators)
- Research and Scholarship on Civic/Community Engagement and Partnerships (includes the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL), Community Based Participatory Research, Public Scholarship, etc.)
- Technology Innovations and Civic Engagement
To learn more or submit a poster proposal for review, visit:http://csl.iupui.edu/cess/poster.cfm
- Poster proposals will be accepted through Friday, February 22nd, 2013.
- Notifications of acceptance will be distributed by Friday, March 1st, 2013.
Questions? Contact Mary Price in the Center for Service and Learning, 278-2662 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.