The purpose of the Foundation is to provide seed money to start-up projects and new projects within existing organizations for a maximum of three to five years. The Foundation’s general areas of interest are the following:
· Programs that enable economically challenged women to enter and remain in the workplace
· Environmental research that will help prevent, reduce and/or eliminate water degradation
· Live music performance for education and outreach
· Research into prevention and treatment of childhood illnesses
· Programs that enable youth to think, create, and communicate effectively
· Programs that support and promote high achievement in music, science, and literature
Grants are funded once a year, following the November board meeting. Multi-year grants are not given. The average range of donations is $20,000 to $50,000, per annum.
The Foundation seeks projects in proximity to their directors. Although applications from other states are not excluded, those applicants (Indiana included) should be aware that their chances to receive funding are remote.
Limitation: One per Indiana University
Do not accept multiple submissions per year from an organization.
To apply for IU Internal competition:
For consideration as an institutional nominee, submit the following documents electronically to limited submission, firstname.lastname@example.org, by July 1, 2015 for internal coordination. To expedite the review process, we request that investigators who intend to submit a proposal send an email 1 week before the internal deadline with the intended investigator names/affiliations and proposal title to email@example.com with the subject line: L0954 Notice of Intent.
1. A summary of the project for which you are requesting funding, limited to 400 words.
2. Your project’s budget, and how many years the project has existed.
3. Abbreviated CV, not exceeding 3 pages, or a biosketch for the PI
IUPUI applicants must copy Etta Ward, firstname.lastname@example.org, on submissions.
IU Internal Deadline: 7/1/2015
Foundation Application Deadline: 9/1/2015
Limited Submission URL: http://limsub.iu.edu/limsub/LimSubDetail.asp?Number=3543