About the Efroymson Contemporary Arts Fellowship
Now in its 8th year, the Efroymson Contemporary Arts Fellowships were established to increase public awareness of contemporary visual art in the Midwest. The intent of the fellowship is to reward creativity and encourage emerging and established individual artists by supporting their artistic development.
2013 Fellowship Overview
In 2013, five $25,000 fellowships will be awarded.
Applicants must meet the below eligibility criteria by the submission due date.
- AGE 25 or older by February 28, 2013
- RESIDENT of either Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota or Wisconsin as of February 2012
- COMMITMENT to reside in Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota or Wisconsin the duration of the fellowship (May 2013-May 2014).
Past Efroymson Contemporary Arts Fellows are not eligible to apply.
Applicants must work in one of the following mediums. (Wearable or functional decorative art including quilts, jewelry, vessels or pottery will not be considered.)
- New media (video, computer generated or 3-D)
- Selection Criteria
- All applicants will be reviewed in an anonymous process by a nationally selected jury. The Juror will review digital images and/video and the accompanying narrative based on the following criteria.
- Quality and skill
- Creativity and uniqueness
- Commitment to developing work
- Impact the award will have on the artist’s career
Application Due Date: February 28, 2013 by 5:00pm EST
The Efroymson Contemporary Arts Fellowships are made possible by the Efroymson Family Fund, a donor-advised fund of Central Indiana Community Foundation (CICF).
Download the complete 2013 guidelines and submission instructions here: http://bit.ly/VqSKeD