Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Inlow Hall (IH), IUPUI
530 W. New York St.
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Slavery by Another Name is a 90-minute PBS documentary that challenges one of Americans’ most cherished assumptions: the belief that slavery in this country ended with the Emancipation Proclamation. Most Americans do not realize that the constitutions of Indiana and the United States to this day legalize slavery. This is program is the first in a series.
To RSVP for this free event, visit the website.
You are invited to stay after the screening of this thought-provoking documentary for a probing panel discussion.
- Subini Ancy Annamma, IU School of Education at IUPUI Assistant Professor of Special Education John Bartlett, State Representative
- Ken Falk, Legal Director, ACLU-IN Attorney
- Lahny Silva, IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law Professor
- Rev. Byron Vaughn, President of Prisoners Reformed United, Inc.
- Rebecca Zeitlow, University of Dayton Professor
Invited guests from the IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law
- Karen Bravo, Professor and Associate Dean for International Affairs
- George E. Edwards, C.M. Gray Professor of Law
Presented by Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law; Indiana University School of Education at IUPUI; and Indianapolis Urban League.
For more information, contact Carlton Waterhouse, School of Law, 317-274-8055, or Chalmer Thompson, School of Education,firstname.lastname@example.org.