The Center for Service and Learning is accepting applications for Summer 2013 Service Learning Assistant Scholarships. The summer application window will remain open from now through March 1st, 2013.
Service Learning Assistant (SLA) Scholarships are available to recognize IUPUI students who have been selected by faculty or professional staff to support community engaged faculty/staff work in teaching, research and service. SLAs may assist their faculty/staff mentor:
- to design/implement/conduct SoTL research on a service learning class,
- to conduct a community engaged research project,
- to build capacity within a campus department or unit that expands the number and quality of service learning courses at the undergraduate, graduate and professional levels of the curriculum,
- to implement a professional service project in and with the community.
IUPUI faculty and staff are invited to apply for an SLA scholarship.
- Upon approval, instructors identify a student to serve as their SLA. The scholarship award is then transferred from the faculty/staff mentor to the student.
- Please note that awards are granted to support faculty work. Applications to support independent student research projects will not be supported.
To learn more about program requirements, funding levels, or to complete an online application, please visit: http://csl.iupui.edu/OSL/slaapps.asp.