|The Center for Research and Learning welcomes proposals for the AY 2013-2014 Multidisciplinary Undergraduate Research Institute (MURI) at IUPUI. Proposals should represent two or more disciplines and should offer undergraduate students the opportunity to engage in a substantive research experience focused on a significant research problem.
This is a unique opportunity provided to IUPUI faculty and researchers for mentoring students while conducting pilot projects or testing new techniques and designs.
Some key points regarding this year’s program are as follows:
- Faculty writing proposals are encouraged to review the document entitled MURI FAQs for Faculty Submitting Proposals.
- Proposals must be submitted by using the current version of the MURI Project Proposal Form.
- The MURI Review Committee will review the submitted proposals using the MURI Proposal Evaluation Form (log in with IUPUI username and password).
- Graduate students and post-doctoral trainees may also serve as co-mentors on a team.
- Proposals are due by midnight on March 22, 2013, to the following address: CRLGrant@iupui.edu
- The Proposal Review Committee Meeting is currently scheduled for April 12, 2013
- The announcement regarding funded proposals is currently scheduled for April 16, 2013.
- Once the selected projects are posted to the CRL website, students may apply to MURI and rank their project choices beginning April 30, 2013 with a deadline of September 10, 2013.
- The Academic Year program begins on October 4, 2013, and continues through April 30, 2014.
MURI is jointly funded by the Center for Research and Learning, a division of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research, and the School of Engineering and Technology.
Project proposals from all disciplines on the IUPUI campus are encouraged.
For more information contact Elizabeth Rubens email@example.com