Poster presentations will once again be a part of the Robert G. Bringle Civic Engagement Showcase held on Tuesday, April 11, 2017. Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to submit an application. Presenting a poster is a great opportunity to obtain interesting and valuable feedback for projects, research, or practices from a knowledgeable crowd. It also allows presenters to network with other scholars who are interested in the same topic area(s) and to practice public speaking in a low-pressure, informal setting.
Some suggested topics include:
- Impact of reciprocal campus-community partnerships
- Student learning and development in service-learning courses or co-curricular engagement opportunities
- Synopsis of research data collection and/or analysis
- Mentoring models for working with students as service-learning assistants.
- Tools and resources developed to aid in the plannign or execution of community engagement initiatives (curricular or co-curricular)
- Institutionalization of service learning or community engagement in higher education
- Models of intra- and inter-campus partnerships
- Methods to increase the number of effective campus-community partnerships
- Teaching methods or strategies utilized in community engaged classrooms.
- Innovations and/or strategies to improve health, life, and well-being.
Other topics are welcome as they relate to community engagement, campus partnerships, and strategies to address health, life, and well-being.
Applications are due January 17th, 2017. For more information, please visit the IUPUI Center for Service & Learning website.