Ester L. Kinsley Awards
Question to be Considered by the Awards and Financial Aid Committee for the Esther L. Kinsley Awards
The members of the Committee will consider the following questions when evaluating nominations for the Kinsley awards:
- Characteristics of the Research. How important is the subject treated in this study? How extensive and how original is the material collected by the author? Does the study present an original claim or thesis? How effectively does the author demonstrate this?
- Contribution to Team Research. If the thesis or dissertation is the result of a group effort (e.g., in a research laboratory) to what extent are the data and arguments presented in this study due to the author?
- Application of the Results. To what extent could the theory presented in the study be extended beyond its present applications? How much revision is necessary before the study could be published? What portion of it have already been published or accepted for publication?
- Construction of the Study. How would you evaluate the grammar, spelling, and syntax; the clarity of expression; and the general style of the dissertation?
- Limitations of the Study. In your opinion, how could this study be improved?