Each link below takes you to the course materials for the ten laboratory exercises (called modules) within the course. Each exercise contains directions, links to handouts and other materials, and additional notes to help you complete each exercise. You will be directed to your workbook or other resources by the directions within the exercise.
- Read the exercise overviews and directions in the links below BEFORE working in your workbook.
- Modules will be made available as the semester progresses, your ability to work ahead is limited. Most lab modules will be posted at least 2 weeks before they are due. Field trip lab modules will be posted at least one month before they are due.
- Directions for the field trips are posted in Module 4, 7, and 10. You may complete these anytime up until their due dates. Field trips are completed on your own, or as planned excursions with your classmates. Your instructor will not be scheduling field trips.
- Please view the course calendar for the dates to complete these exercises and their due dates.
Unit A: Understanding and Using Maps
Unit B: Interpreting Sedimentary Rocks and Sediments
- Lab 2: Geologic Time and the Rock Record
- Lab 3: Identifying and Interpreting Sedimentary Rocks
- Lab 4: 1st Field Trip (Turkey Run State Park)
Unit C: Fluvial and Glacial Landscapes
- Lab 5: Fluvial Landscapes (Streams and Lakes)
- Lab 6: Glacial Landscapes
- Lab 7: 2nd Field Trip (Mounds State Park)
Unit D: Karst Landscapes and Geomorphology