IUPUI participates in the federal Direct Loan program for all federal Direct PLUS loans. The lender for the federal Direct Loan program is the U.S. Department of Education. The online application process for a federal Direct PLUS Loan can be completed by following these steps:
1. Complete the appropriate online application at www.studentloans.gov. This online application process must be submitted for each federal Direct PLUS loan requested.
2. The borrower’s information will be submitted for a credit check to the U.S. Department of
• The borrower must pass the credit check in order to be eligible for the Parent or Graduate
• Use your FSA ID to complete an electronic MPN. This is the same FSA ID you used to
electronically sign the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
• If you do not have a FSA ID or if you have forgotten your FSA ID, you can request a FSA ID
from the official FSA ID site.
Parent PLUS applicants: Your FSA ID is different than your student’s FSA ID. Follow the instructions and provide responses to required items.
Estimated Sample Repayment Chart
Knowing the monthly payments for the amount you borrow is a great start. As you plan your financial future, use this table to determine your loan repayment obligations. This table shows estimated monthly PLUS loan repayments (based on the Direct Loan Standard Repayment Plan) to ensure repayment is manageable.