IUPUI participates in the federal Direct Loan program for all federal PLUS loans. The lender for the federal Direct Loan program is the U.S. Department of Education. The online application process for a federal PLUS Loan can be completed by following these steps:
1. Complete the appropriate online application at www.studentloans.gov. This online application process must be submitted for each federal PLUS loan requested.
2. The borrower’s information will be submitted for a credit check to the U.S. Department of
• The borrower must pass the credit check in order to be eligible for the Parent or Graduate
• Use your U.S. Department of Education issued PIN to complete an electronic MPN. This is
the same PIN used to electronically sign the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
• If you do not have a PIN or if you have forgotten your PIN, you can request a PIN from the
official PIN site.
Parent PLUS applicants: Your PIN is different than your student’s PIN. Follow the instructions and provide responses to required items.
Estimated Sample Repayment Chart
Knowing the monthly payments for the amount you borrow is a great start. As you plan your financial future, use this table to determine your loan repayment obligations. This table shows estimated monthly PLUS loan repayments (based on the Direct Loan Standard Repayment Plan) to ensure repayment is manageable.