IUPUI Compliance Newsletter
Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
IUPUI is and will be held accountable for the acts of all individuals (and groups) associated with the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics. This includes those who have been identified as “representative of athletics interests”. You are a Representative of Athletics Interest if:
If you are a Representative of Athletics Interest, you may not have any athletics recruiting contact (in-person contact, telephone call, correspondence, etc.) with a prospect or the prospect’s family. You may watch a prospect participate in her/his sport. Please contact the Compliance Coordinator if you have further questions.
- You are or have ever been a member of an IUPUI sport booster club
- You have made donations to the booster club or to the Athletics Department
- You have been involved in the promotion of IUPUI athletics in any way
- You have assisted or have been requested (by the athletics department staff) to assist in the recruitment of prospects
- You have assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student-athletes or their families
The Alert Form is an Official Department of Intercollegiate Athletics document. ONLY Coaching Staff members should complete and submit this form. Alert Form is to be submitted on all Recruited PSA’s (at the point recruitment commences) and any new Student-Athlete who would appear on a Tentative Roster.
New Probation, Dismissal and Reinstatement Policies
(School of Science, School of Liberal Arts, University College)
- Students who’s cumulative GPA falls below a 2.0 will be placed on probation. All students will be allowed at least one semester of probation prior to being academically dismissed. Students will be informed of their probationary status by letter.
- Students may be continued on probation when their semester GPA is above 2.0 but their cumulative GPA is below 2.0.
- Students will be removed from their probationary status once their cumulative GPA is above 2.0.
- Students on probation who have completed a minimum of 12 IUPUI grade point average (GPA) hours are subject to dismissal if they fail to attain a GPA of at least a 2.0 in any two consecutive regular semesters (fall and spring) and their cumulative GPA is below 2.0
- Students who are dismissed for the first time must sit out for a minimum of one regular semester and petition by the established deadlines to be reinstated. Reinstatement is not automatic. A student’s chances of readmission will be enhanced by the student taking workshops, removing grades of incomplete, undertaking assessment of their academic programs, and providing evidence of their ability to do successful academic work upon their reinstatement to IUPUI.
- Students dismissed two or more times must remain out of school for two regular semesters and petition by the established deadlines to be reinstated. Readmission after a second dismissal is extremely rare. A student’s chances of readmission will be enhanced by the student taking workshops, removing grades of incomplete, undertaking assessment of their academic problems, and providing evidence of their ability to do successful academic work upon their reinstatement to IUPUI.
- Reinstatement will be the decision of the School to which the students are petitioning.
- Students who are reinstated will be classified as probationary students until their cumulative GPA is 2.0. During the first regularly enrolled term on probation, the student must achieve a semester GPA of at least 2.0. In each subsequent semester on probation, the student must achieve a semester GPA of 2.0. Failure to meet the semester GPA requirement will result in dismissal.
|September 3||Labor Day Holiday (No Classes)|
|September 4||75% Refund Period Ends|
|September 11||50% Refund Period Ends|
Pass/Fail Option Deadline
|September 18||25% Refund Period Ends|
|August 29 – October 16||Withdrawal with Automatic Grade W (advisor signature required)|
|October 17 Mid-Term |
|October 17 – November 13||Withdrawal with grade of W or F (advisor and instructor signature required)|
|October 23 – November 2||Registration for Spring 2002|
|November 21-25||Thanksgiving Recess (No Classes)|
COMPLIANCE OFFICE CLOSED
|September 3||Labor Day|
|November 22-23||Thanksgiving Recess|
|September 10, 6:00PM|
September 11, 10:30AM
|Playing and Practice|
October 1, 6:00PM|
October 9, 10:30AM
November 5, 6:00PM|
November 13, 10:30AM
No (person) who is occupied in a doing a very difficult thing, and doing it very well, loses self-respect. – George Bernard Shaw
The Compliance Coordinator Office is dedicated to serving the needs of the Jaguars Community. Please keep us informed as to how we can best serve you.
Compliance Coordinator Office Staff Directory
|Compliance Coordinator||Bret Alan Shambaugh||317/278-1648|
|Academic Advisor||Tonya D. Darr||317/278-0349|
|SAMP Coordinator||Matthew Botsford||317/274-0034|
|Staff Assistant||Patrick O’Brian||317/258-9050|