Chinese Teacher Training
2014 Chinese Teacher Workshop
This year’s Chinese Teacher Workshop will be in cooperated at the CLTA Bloomington symposium. For the Indiana K-12 teachers who attend the symposium, CI-Indy will reimburse $50 each teacher for their registration. You will need to provide us with the following information:
2) Signed DV form – dv form
3) Information sheet – Information Sheet
3) Filled out W-8BEN form – w8Ben
or filled out W-9 form if U.S. citizen or Resident Alien – w9
Please send all information in one document and fax to 317-278-7919 prior to the conference date of October 25th
2014 Chinese Language Teacher Awards
Chinese Language Educators Achievement Award
Candidates: Chinese Language Teachers of Indiana
Requirements: Must have at least 20 years of experience teaching Chinese (Either 20 accumulated years as a full-time teacher or as a part-time teacher working 10 hours minimum per week, 30 weeks per year) i.e. 6000 hours within 20 accumulated years in the U.S.
Award: A certificate issued by the Confucius Institute in Indianapolis and 400 US dollars
1. Complete the application forms.
2. Include official documentation providing proof of 20 years accumulated teaching experience.
3. Submit the above to the Confucius Institute in Indianapolis, 425 University Blvd. CA 129, Indianapolis, IN 46202 before August 15th. Applicants will be evaluated by the Award Committee. The winner will be declared in August. Certificate will be awarded at the Chinese Teacher Workshop in September
Chinese Language Educators Excellence Award
Candidates: Chinese Language Teachers of Indiana (including visiting teachers)
Requirements: Must have at least 1-3 years of experience teaching Chinese (Either 1-3 accumulated years as a full-time teacher or as a part-time teacher working 10 hours minimum per week, 30 weeks per year in the U.S. No time requirement for Sunday school teachers).
Award: A total of six prizes will be awarded for teachers at kindergarten/elementary school, middle school and high school level; 3 each for regular and Sunday Chinese schools.
A certificate issued by the Confucius Institute in Indianapolis and 100 US dollars
1. Complete the application forms.
2. Submit at least three letters of recommendation; one each from a supervisor and a co-worker, as well as one from the parent(s) of a student.
3. Submit all required paperwork to the Confucius Institute in Indianapolis, 425 University Blvd. CA 129, Indianapolis, IN 46202 before August 15th. Applicants will be evaluated by the Award Committee. The winner will be declared in August. Certificates will be awarded at the Chinese Teacher Workshop in September
Complete Application Forms no later than August 15th.
All correspondence, recommendation letters and application forms should be sent to:
Confucius Institute – CII Chinese Teacher Awards
425 University Blvd., CA 129, Indianapolis, IN 46202
Telephone (317) 278-7900 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The winners will be declared no later than August 30th. The official announcement will be made at the CLTA Bloomington Symposium.
2013 Chinese Language Teacher Awards Winners
Chinese Language Educators Dedication Award Winners:
Ting Li – Decatur Central High School
Ling-Yu Yang – Westlane Middle School
Yanqiong Huang – International School of Indiana
Xiaoming Li – ICCCI Chinese School
Chinese Language Teacher Awards Winners
Chinese Language Educators Career Award – Mindy Zhang
Chinese Language Educators Dedication Award – Juliana Koutsoumpas, Ye Sun, Chun-lin Wang and Jing Wang
2012 Chinese Teacher Fall Workshop
Date: September 21-22, 2012
This year’s workshop was a success with over 75 teachers participating. The conference allowed the Chinese language teachers an opportunity to develop the skill set that they will certainly employ throughout their teaching career. In addition, this workshop served to develop a network/learning community among Indiana’s Chinese language educators and focused on developing practical teaching skills that was especially useful to teachers who are just beginning to teach in American schools.