The undergraduate minor or certificate allows a student majoring in another subject to get appropriate training in informatics and obtain certification as someone who knows how to apply informatics tools to that subject area.
- Minimum grade of 2.0 (C) in all courses taken for the minor.
- Students are required to take three courses from the following list:
- INFO I101 Introduction to Informatics (4 cr.)
- INFO I202 Social Informatics (3 cr.)
- INFO I210 Information Infrastructure I (4 cr.)
- INFO I211 Information Infrastructure II (4 cr.)
- INFO I308 Information Representation (3 cr.)
- Students are required to take the following upper level courses:
- INFO I300 Human-Computer Interaction (3 cr.)
- INFO I303 Organizational Informatics (3 cr.)