BBRC Pilot Project Grant
The Biomechanics and Biomaterials Research Center (BBRC) and Integrated Nanosystems Development Institute (INDI) solicit pilot project grant applications in the area of biomechanics and biomaterials. Submit one pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 5, 2014.
Mechanisms: PI should be a BBRC or INDI core member. The total funds available are ~70 K from BBRC. There are two mechanisms:
- Grant A (up to 20K): Build a team of 2 or more BBRC/INDI members and develop a sizable extramural grant like a R01 grant.
- Grant B (up to 10K): Develop any extramural grant (NIH, NSF, DOD, etc.).
Format: Prepare one pdf file that includes the following items:
- Summary (1 page)
- Introduction (1 page; only for the revision of unfunded project in a previous round)
- Biosketch (4 pages max for each key personnel)
- Budget and justification (1 page; can be used for faculty salaries although not encouraged)
- Research plan including a clear plan for the future external grant application (4 pages)
- References (no page limit)
Review criteria: The proposals will be reviewed by the BBRC executive committee members as well as external reviewers. The criteria include scientific merit (significance, approach, innovation, and investigators), relevance to BBRC, potential to lead to external funding, and success of prior pilot projects. Priority is given to the members who have not received previous BBRC/INDI funding.
The following BBRC/INDI members are willing to answer questions and provide guidance during the development of pilot projects.
- Mangi Agarwal, PhD, INDI Director (Agarwal@iupui.edu)
- Matt Allen, PhD, Anatomy and Cell Biology, Medicine (email@example.com)
- Angela Bruzzaniti, PhD, Oral Biology, Dentistry (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Gabe Chu, DDS/PhD, Restorative Dentistry, Dentistry (email@example.com)
- Guoli Dai, PhD, Biology, Science (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jiliang Li, MD/PhD, Biology, Science (email@example.com)
- Chien-Chi Lin, PhD, Biomedical Engineering, ET (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lilian Plotkin, PhD, Anatomy and Cell Biology, Medicine (email@example.com)
- Joey Wallace, PhD, Biomedical Engineering, ET (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dong Xie, PhD, Biomedical Engineering, ET (email@example.com)
- Hiroki Yokota, PhD, Biomedical Engineering, ET (firstname.lastname@example.org)