Officers Meeting Minutes
American Society of Mechanical Engineers, IUPUI Chapter
(Board Meeting Minutes: Wednesday, November 5th , 2008)
(7:30 PM, SL 069)
Present: Darrell Goodwin, Andrew Pierluissi, Anthony Pierluissi, Dara Navaei, Trever Ryan, Jose Muniz, Matthew McLain, Matt Schieler,
Absent: Justin Edwards, Michael Quinones
Meeting started at 7:30p.m. in the room SL069.
- President’s Report:
- Officers must complete duties.
- ASME is looking bad in the department.
- Action Item Log:
- Tony is working on VBA code to automate the spreadsheet
- Tony will have the tool done in 2 weeks.
- Trever suggested the use of googledocs.
- Peer Tutoring Update:
- We are still having problems with officers and students not signing in.
- A new printer was purchased to replace the old printer that was having problems.
- The department required that the room must have an ASME or Pi-Tao-Sigma representative at all times
- Michael should be contacted for website inquiries
- The next meeting should be public.
- Must be posted in the bulletin board.
- Social Chair’s Report:
- The movie night will be 2 weeks from this date (November 19th)
- The time of the activity will be 7:30 – 10:00PM.
- The open meeting will be held before the event starts.
- OTIS tour:
- All participants must bring a cop of their resume.
- It will be Friday, November 21st.
- Safety shoes and glasses will be provided for paticipants.
- Only 10 spots available.
- Carrier tour:
- Postponed for next semester.
- Fundraising Report:
- FE Prep class
- Income will be lost due to a change in the course map
- Must follow up with the t-shirt sale
- Contact Nick Zepnick
- Jose will contact Nick Zepnick (information from Darrell)
- Jose will keep treasury updated
- The program is not working.
- Peer Tutoring is possibly a factor.
Meeting adjourned at 8:15 p.m.