Officers Meeting Minutes
American Society of Mechanical Engineers, IUPUI Chapter
(Board Meeting Minutes: October 20, 2006)
(4:30 PM, SL 067)
Present: Nicholas Metzger, Aaron Emmons, Brandon Harville, Kurush Savabi
∑ Meeting called to order at 4:30 p.m. by President, Nicholas Metzger
∑ Presidentís Report:
- Recommendation that the office for the ASME student chapter be cleaned and organized before the semesterís end
- Nominees for the office of president, vice president, social chair, and fund raiser/webmaster were filled by nominees, Nicholas Metzger, Aaron Emmons, Kurush Savabi, and Brandon Harville, respectively.
- Duties and responsibilities of elected officers were reviewed and discussed.
∑ Other business:
- It was noted by the officers that the empty positions needed to be filled by the end of the following week, and that there needed to be inquiries into funding, chapter account information, and events organization.
- Possible events for the chapter were discussed and included catapult competition, tailgating, charity events, corn-hole competitions, and recruitment strategies.† Also discussed were T-shirt designs and distribution, contacting the Purdue chapter of ASME for a possible join effort, as well as contacting our own campus organizations for similar events.
∑ Assessment of the Meeting:
- It was recommended by the officers that the next meeting be held in a week in the same location and at the same time for convenience, and that this would remain consistent unless there were issues with future officers not being able to attend.
∑ Meeting adjourned at 5:45 p.m.
∑ Minutes submitted by President, Nicholas Metzger.