Officers Meeting Minutes
American Society of Mechanical Engineers, IUPUI Chapter
(Board Meeting Minutes: September 30, 2009)
(9:00 PM, SL 009)
- Present: Anthony Pierluissi, Justin Edwards, Trever Ryan, Andrew Fulton, Jose Muniz, Darrell Goodwin, Billy Burdette, Matt Schieler, & Andrew Pierluissi
- Absent: Matt McClain, Michael Quinones, Aaron Fulton, & Zach Schwier
Type of Meeting: Open Meeting
Meeting Facilitator: Anthony F. Pierluissi
Invitees: All officers and members are welcomed.
New Members Present: Clay Kello, Andrew Gruben
- Call to order @ 9:03pm
- Open issues
- Peer Tutoring Update
- Officers need to be in SL009 at your designated times!
- ECE tutoring is also in SL009 so when you’re tutoring please direct the
strange ECE students to the ECE tutors.
- ASME Bulletin Board
- Posters and Flyers
- We need to post things onto the ASME bulletin board.
- Action Items: Schieler, Clay & McClain needs to pick out/print
to place on bulletin board.
- Tony has electronic files of these posters.
- Campus Center lets our organization print 150 color copies and 1
High Resolution poster for free!
- Peer Tutoring information
- Will also need to be posted in ASME bulletin board.
- Past events
- Callout was success
- 31 students signed in.
- 6 Officers/25 New Members
- Updated email to include new members.
- Dr. Allen talked about IUPUI Energy Program
- Presentation was well received.
- Engineering game:
- Matt Schieler – won $25 gift certificate.
- Action Item: Justin needs to pick up $25 gift
certificate from Wally World.
- ASME Resume Review
- ASME Profession Chapter of Central Indiana held event
- 12 signed up prior to event and 10 showed up, for a total of 22
- Events for the Future
- Brainstorming of Ideas
- Visit Companies
- Otis Elevator
- Stanley Security Solutions
- Action Items: Trever check w/ Otis & Justin check w/
Stanley, Tony check w/ McClain about Eli Lilly.
- ASME Conference in Pittsburg, PA (June 2010)
- If interested talk to Andy Pierluissi.
- Bring in Speaker to talk about GD&T
- Professional workshop
- Possibly charge per person if speaker fee is costly.