Officers Meeting Minutes
American Society of Mechanical Engineers, IUPUI Chapter
(Board Meeting Minutes: Wednesday, September 24th  , 2008)
(7:30 PM, SL 069)

Officers:
Present: Darrell Goodwin, Andrew Pierluissi, Michael Quinones, Anthony Pierluissi, Dara Navaei, Trever Ryan, Jose Muniz, Matthew McLain, Matt Schieler, Justin Edwards


Proceedings:
            Meeting started at 7:30p.m. in the room SL069.

  • Action Item Log:
    • Michael will put Action Item Log online.
    • Tony will keep it updated.
  • Peer Tutoring Update:
    • Dara will make an excel chart of usage for the department.
    • Every tutor must get jag tag programmed for SL009.
  • Recruiting Update:
    • Trever visited Danny King’s class.
    • Darrell and Matt visited Ginger Jessop’s class.
    • Trever will contact Janet Meyer about her 5 ENGR 195 classes.
  • Website:
    • Big banner for callout on the website.
    • Mike will update website.
    • Mike will reformat ASMe computer.  It is clustered with useless files and programs.
  • Urgent Business
    • Call-Out
      • Schedule : Completed
        • 12:30-1:00 Trever talks about ASME
        • 1:00-1:30 ASME Conference Presentation
        • 1:30-2:00 ENGR games
        • 2:00-2:30 RRC presentation
      • Food:
        • ETSC will fund $100 for food and drinks.
        • Mike will contact Terri for pizza.
        • Andy will send final reminder for Call-out.
        • Tony will print off sign in sheets for the call-out.
    • South West Research Institute (SWRI) presentation
      • Mike will post this on the website.
      • SWRI is targeting students to recruit.
  • Fundraising Update:
    • T-shirt sale.  Must buy shirts online.
    • Justin will contact Nick Zepnick.
  • Social Chair’s report:
    • Movie Night
      • Will be discussed in the next meeting.
    • Plant tours
      • Darrell and Tony are working on RRC tour.
      • Trever will contact Otis.
      • Andy and Tony will contact Roche
      • Stanley? Lilly? Carrier? Cummins?
  • FEMP:
    • Matt is visiting classes.
  • Final notes:
    • Darrell suggested that every officer should keep hard copies and back up copies of ASME material.

Meeting adjourned at 8:25 p.m.