Officers Meeting Minutes
American Society of Mechanical Engineers, IUPUI Chapter
(Board Meeting Minutes: Wednesday, September 24th , 2008)
(7:30 PM, SL 069)
Present: Darrell Goodwin, Andrew Pierluissi, Michael Quinones, Anthony Pierluissi, Dara Navaei, Trever Ryan, Jose Muniz, Matthew McLain, Matt Schieler, Justin Edwards
Meeting started at 7:30p.m. in the room SL069.
- Action Item Log:
- Michael will put Action Item Log online.
- Tony will keep it updated.
- Peer Tutoring Update:
- Dara will make an excel chart of usage for the department.
- Every tutor must get jag tag programmed for SL009.
- Recruiting Update:
- Trever visited Danny King’s class.
- Darrell and Matt visited Ginger Jessop’s class.
- Trever will contact Janet Meyer about her 5 ENGR 195 classes.
- Big banner for callout on the website.
- Mike will update website.
- Mike will reformat ASMe computer. It is clustered with useless files and programs.
- Urgent Business
- Schedule : Completed
- 12:30-1:00 Trever talks about ASME
- 1:00-1:30 ASME Conference Presentation
- 1:30-2:00 ENGR games
- 2:00-2:30 RRC presentation
- ETSC will fund $100 for food and drinks.
- Mike will contact Terri for pizza.
- Andy will send final reminder for Call-out.
- Tony will print off sign in sheets for the call-out.
- South West Research Institute (SWRI) presentation
- Mike will post this on the website.
- SWRI is targeting students to recruit.
- Fundraising Update:
- T-shirt sale. Must buy shirts online.
- Justin will contact Nick Zepnick.
- Social Chair’s report:
- Movie Night
- Will be discussed in the next meeting.
- Plant tours
- Darrell and Tony are working on RRC tour.
- Trever will contact Otis.
- Andy and Tony will contact Roche
- Stanley? Lilly? Carrier? Cummins?
- Matt is visiting classes.
- Final notes:
- Darrell suggested that every officer should keep hard copies and back up copies of ASME material.
Meeting adjourned at 8:25 p.m.