Officers Meeting Minutes
American Society of Mechanical Engineers, IUPUI Chapter
(Board Meeting Minutes: Wednesday, September 10th , 2008)
(6:30 PM, SL 165)
Present: Darrell Goodwin, Andrew Pierluissi, Michael Quinones, Anthony Pierluissi, Dara Navaei, Trever Ryan, Jose Muniz, Matthew McLain, Matt Schieler, Justin Edwards
Meeting started at 6:30p.m. in the room Sl009.
- President’s message:
- The Bylaws were updated
- The new positions discussed in past meetings were added.
- These were the Graphics (Flyers, etc) and Advertising Chairs.
- Grammar was cleaned up
- Contact Tony with any problems regarding the bylaws.
- Action Log
- Will be posted in the weekend.
- It is password protected
- Includes deadlines
- Recruiting Updat:
- Trever sent emails
- Presentation will be given once times are established
- Contact instructors and schedule times by next Wednesday. Finalize by next meeting (September 24th.)
- Presentations will be filed for future use
- Website update:
- Darrell currently working on improvements
- Michael will take over as webmaster once Darrell finishes current improovements
- Photos have been updated
- Links must be updated, debug problems
- A new window with the “officer of the month” will be added to acknowledge had work.
- Urgent business:
- Sowthwest Research Institute
- Nonprofit organization
- Want to speak to ASME chapter
- Should be used only for members (member’s benefit)
- Times will be scheduled.
- ASME Summer Annual Presentation
- Darrell, Mike and Andy will present.
- Date: October 1st, 2008
- Will receive funding from the department
- Tentative Schedule:
- 12:30pm Open doors, start lunch
- 1:00pm ASME Annual Meeting Presentation
- 1:30pm Engineering games
- 2:00pm RRC presentation (Lori) – hard copies of applications
- Mike will schedule the meeting by September 12th, 2008.
- Tony and Darrell will talk to the Department about funding.
- Andy will talk to Lori about a presentation from RR during the call-out by September 17th, 2008.
- Social ChairRreport:
- Movie night
- Postponed discussion for a later meeting
- The movie “Shoot ‘em up” was suggested
- T-shirt Sale
- Printing for free
- We must buy shirts
- Designs must be simple and one-colored
- Fundraising Report:
- Have not started any FE Prep stuff yet.
- Must contact Rose-Holman’s, Indiana state, butler, Indiana Tech
- Officers must contact Justin regarding budgeting stuff.
Meeting adjourned at 7:35 p.m.