Officers Meeting Minutes
American Society of Mechanical Engineers, IUPUI Chapter
(Board Meeting Minutes: Wednesday, September 9, 2009)
(9:09 PM, SL 009)
Present: Anthony Pierluissi, Justin Edwards, Matt Schieler, Matt McClain, Trever Ryan, Darrell Goodwin, Andrew Fulton, Jose Muniz, Aaron Fulton, Billy Burdette, Zach Schwier, Michael Quinones, & Andrew Pierluissi
Meeting started at 9pm in SL009
- Call to order @ 9:09 pm
- Open meeting to ASME members
- Tony welcomed new members to meeting
- Open Issues
- Peer Tutoring Update
- Officers are required to sign up for tutoring hours (minimum 2 hours per week).
- Billy gave his status update
- Billy will need to contact Ginger to send out an email to all ME students regarding peer tutoring and post schedule with tutoring hours.
- Torsion machine will be leaving the office ASAP.
- ASME Resume Review Board
- Participants will need to submit resume by Sept. 22 in order to participate.
- Event is on Tuesday Sept. 29
- Action Items:
- Darrell – link and info posted on ASME website
- Big Fulton – make fliers
- Andy & Schieler – notify & advertize to ME student body
- Tony – schedule room & organize food
- Dr. Chen cancelled.
- Dr. Nalin will be speaking about IUPUI’s Energy program
- Food will be little caesars pizza.
- Vote taken for Engineering Game: paper tower wins.
- Event will be on Wednesday, September 23, 2009 in ET103.
- Officers will need to sign up for freshman classes to visit.
- Action Item:
- Darrell - picking up pizzas.
- Tony – get supplies for paper tower game. Come up with schedule for callout.
- Andy P – coordinate people to go talk to freshman engr classes.
- ASME Email Account
- Secure site lost all membership data. Chapter will need to find who is an ASME member at IUPUI.
- Action Item:
- Justin – go thru email account
- Mike – call ASME nationals to get a list of all ASME members at the IUPUI chapter.
- Nuts & Bolts Meeting
- 1 member will need to attend the meeting.
- Meetings are 7-8:30pm Sept. 14. @ Campus Center
- Next Meeting: September 23, 2009.
- *Note: Officers are only allowed 3 X’s before being removed from office! Tony will be watching your action items so get them done.
- Meeting adjourned at 9:42 PM