Officers Meeting Minutes
American Society of Mechanical Engineers, IUPUI Chapter
(Board Meeting Minutes: Thursday April 17th, 2008)
(4:30 PM, SL 067)

Officers:
Present: Darrell Goodwin, Andrew Pierluissi, Trevor Ryan, Michael Quinones, Anthony Pierluissi, Dara Navaei, Matthew McLain, Matt Schieler, Justin Edwards, Jose Muñiz, Edgar Torres, Scott Williams
Absent: Dr. Hazim El-Mounayri
Proceedings:
· Meeting called to order at 4:36p.m. by President, Darrell Goodwin
Trever asked for his name to be corrected in the agenda.
The Minutes from the last meeting were approved to be posted online.

  • Peer Tutoring (Dara Navaei):
    • Dara mentioned that most of the tutors from the Spring semester are coming back to tutor in the Fall.
    • Dara wants more flyers for the next semester.
    • Darrell Goodwin enforced the fact that officers must be tutors.
    • Andrew Pierluissi said that the Me Learning Center needs a logo.  This should be designed by the Vice-President.
    • Trever suggested giving out free T-shirts during the first week of the semester advertising the ME Learning Center. 
    • Darrell suggested having a BBQ at the start of the semester.
    • Trever wants the ASME to be involved in a Community Service Activity.  It was motioned by Tony and seconded by Dara.  The nature of the project would be discussed in the coming semester.
  • Recruiting Report (Trever Ryan):
    • Trever will take on the same plan as this semester since it proved to be very proficient.  He will visit classrooms and talk to professors.
  • Webmaster’s Report (Edgar Torres)
    • Andrew Pierluissi said that the ASME logo should be updated.  The year reads 2005 instead of 2008.  Darrell informed the group that the National ASME takes care of that.
    • Edgar is going to add a webpage to the site that includes all the benefits from being a member and a link to the national benefits page in the national ASME website.
    • Edgar will add photos of students interacting in the Me Learning Center as well as updating the officer’s pictures in the IUPUI ASME website.  The pictures would be taken today, April 17th.
  • Fundraising Report(Justin):
    • The “Pi” mile.  Justin suggested having a Mini marathon called the Pi mile where we would run 3.14 miles in somewhere like the IUPUI track.  He wants to have sponsors to help us and get other organizations involved for the organization.
      • We need donations, T-shirts.  The earnings would be donated to charity (around 80%) and we would keep the rest.
      • The officers committed to look forward to this plan to further discuss it with Dr. Akay.
      • Possible date: Mid-October.
  • Social Chair Report (Mike Q.):
    • The Movie Night was a great success.
    • Mike will come up with better ideas for the Fall Callout.
    • Mike Kessler will provide help to the IUPUI ASME Chapter.
  • New committee:
    • Darrell suggested forming a new committee to help with the Advertising.  
    • They would take care of making and posting flyers.
    • It was motioned by Darrell to elect a new FEMP Chair and a new Advertising Chair for the committee.
      • Matt Schieler was elected FEMP Chair
        • Should work with Trever and Schieler to advertise the program.
      • Matthew McLain was elected Advertising Chair
    • We need to update the By Laws.  Andrew will write a draft.  The officers will vote to accept it during the next semester.
  • Officers Responsibilities:
    • We need to keep the website updated at all times.
    • Everyone should keep records updated.
    • Everyone should have a binder with hard copies (keep backups)!
    • We have to make sure the resources are being used wisely.
      • Dara Navaei mentioned that a school printer in the SL009 would be highly beneficial.

Meeting adjourned at 5:40 p.m.