Officers Meeting Minutes
American Society of Mechanical Engineers, IUPUI Chapter
(Board Meeting Minutes: Wednesday, February 18 , 2009)
(8:00 PM, SL 069)
Present: Anthony Pierluissi, Dara Navaei, Jose Muniz, Justin Edwards, , Matt Schieler, Trever Ryan, Andrew Fulton
Absent: Matt McClain, Darrell Goodwin, Michael Quinones, Andrew Pierluissi, Zach Schwier
Meeting started at 8pm in SL069
Call to order @ 8:00pm
- Peer Tutoring Update - Dara
- Akai and Chen have and will be visiting SL009 through the semester to be sure tutors are present. Tutors will need to be present during their posted hours.
- Action Items:
- Talk to ME Department (Chen or El-Mounaryi) regarding something in return (awards in the form of computers, office supplies, or free printing) for ASME’s time for tutoring services.
- Recruiting Update
- Call Out
- Call out date set: 3/04/09
- Engineering Game: Paper Bridge Game
- Speaker: Chen talk about changes in ME program?
- Alternates are Akai or Ginger.
- Action Items:
- Reserve room for call out (Matt S.).
- Get Pizza for Call Out (Andy P.).
- Freshman Engineering response
- Need officers to talk to classes about ASME Chapter. Fill in freshman engineering courses that officers are available to talk about ASME.
- Action Items for Andy:
- Flyer was presented to officers by Andy F. Officers consensus is that it’s “pretty sweet.”
- Action Item:
- Print ASME flyers (2/24). 50 full sheets & 25 quarter sheets.
- Complete Call Out flyers, print, and post.
- Website Updates
- Action Items for Darrell
- Post ASME flyer on website. (2/25)
- Post Call Out flyer on website. (TBA)
- Post info regarding T-shirt sale on website. (ASAP) Talk to Jose about when we will be receiving t-shirt shipment.
- T-shirt sale
- Total Cost is $50
- T-shirt set sale price is $10/t-shirt.
- Postponing hoodies because chapter would like to see how t-shirt sales go before investing more capital in project.
- Activities for the semester
- Community Work
- Pi Run: Not looking good for our first community services project
- Sugar Grove Elementary: Waiting for more input.
- Julian Center: Helping out w/ packaging. Mostly manual labor.
- Action Item: Express interest and find out scheduling for volunteers. (Tony P.)
- United Way of Central Indiana “Reading to 3rd Graders” Activity.
- Officers need to complete national membship. Officers will get X if not completed.*
*Note: Officers are only allowed 3 X’s before being removed from officer. Tony will be watching your action items so get them done or suffer his rath!!
Meeting adjourned at 8:43 PM