Skip page navigation

VanNuys Medical Science Building

VanNuys Medical Science Building

Street Address 635 Barnhill Dr., Indianapolis, IN

Building Code MS

Nearest Guest Parking Garage Riley Outpatient Center Garage (XE)

The John D. Van Nuys Medical Science Building is named for the man who served the IU School of Medicine as dean from 1947 to 1965. When the building—the academic heart of the School of Medicine—opened in 1959, it gave the school the opportunity to offer students all four years of medical school to take place on the Medical Center campus. The VanNuys building underwent significant renovation projects in 1981, 1991 and 1998 to ensure a state-of-the-art education for medical students.