Skip page navigation

Coleman Hall

Coleman Hall

Street Address 1140 W. Michigan St., Indianapolis, IN

Building Code CF

Nearest Guest Parking Garage Riley Outpatient Center Garage (XE)

William H. Coleman Hall, now the home of the School of Health and Rehabilitative Services, was built in 1927 as the William H. Coleman Hospital for Women. The Coleman family, which built a fortune in the lumber industry, funded the hospital—specifically for gynecology and obstetrics—in memory of their daughter, who died from a complication related to her only pregnancy. In its earliest days, both nursing and medical students received maternity training at Coleman, and more than 100,000 babies were born there before maternity services were moved to University Hospital in 1974.

No upcoming events found

View all campus events on the IUPUI Events Calendar