Street Address 545 Barnhill Dr., Indianapolis, IN
Building Code EH
Nearest Guest Parking Garage Riley Outpatient Center Garage (XE)
Emerson Hall, which opened in 1919 as the Medical School Building, was the first home for medical classes on the IU Medical Center campus, leaving behind its previous downtown home on Senate Avenue. The building was renamed Emerson Hall in 1961 to honor Dr. Charles Emerson, dean of the medical School from 1911-32. The original building contained laboratories, classrooms, offices, a medical library and a cafeteria. Eight years later (1927), the south wing of the Medical School Building was opened and featured an auditorium and a bookstore, plus extra classroom and library space.
No upcoming events found
View all campus events on the IUPUI Events Calendar